Interdistrict Transfer Request Form

The District has a primary responsibility to meet the educational needs of students residing inside the Princeton Unified School District boundaries with a parent, legal guardian or other person having legal control or charge of the student and, under specified conditions, a responsibility to meet the educational needs of some students residing outside the District's boundaries.

Students residing outside the District who meet District residency requirements may be allowed to enroll in District schools.  Consistent with California Education Code provisions, a student residing outside a given school district's boundaries may meet the State's residency requirements for that district and may be legally enrolled.  Residency requirements for the PJUSD may be met by a non-district student:


  1. Who is placed inside school district boundaries in a regularly established licensed children's institution, or a licensed foster home or a family home, pursuant to the Welfare and Institutions Code;
  2. For whom an inter-district student attendance agreement has been approved;
  3. Whose residence is located within the boundaries of the District and whose parent/legal guardian is relieved of responsibility, control and authority through emancipation;
  4. Whose parent/legal guardian has established the residence of the student in a properly licensed home located within the District's boundaries;
  5. Who is residing in a state hospital located within the boundaries of the District.
  6. Who is elementary school age and one or both of her/his parents/legal guardians is employed within the boundaries of the District.

To appropriately meet the needs of all students, the District will consider each written Inter-District Student Attendance Application that is submitted by a parent or legal guardian.  Parents/legal guardians residing within the PJUSD attendance boundaries who wish their child to attend a school outside the District boundaries or parents/legal guardians residing outside the PJUSD attendance boundaries who wish their child to attend a PJUSD school  may submit an Inter-District Student Attendance Application.  Transportation will generally not be provided for students on inter-district agreements

If you currently reside in the Princeton Joint Unified School District and wish to attend another district in Glenn or Colusa County please fill out the form below and return it to the district office. If you have any questions about this process please call 530-439-2261 or email